“Little Venice” is the name given to the area where the Lauch River runs through Colmar. The name comes from the original houses built along the riverbanks to the southeast of the town. The district starts behind the Koïffhus, goes along the fishmongers’ quay and on to Turenne and Saint-Pierre bridges. It borders the Krutenau – a term originally used for market gardens that flourished on the edge of towns. The Krutenau was originally home to a rural community of winemakers, market gardeners and boatmen and spreads out from Rue Turenne, named after Maréchal de Turenne and his triumphant entry into the town in 1674. Punt rides are available in this area.